Friday, May 21, 2010

What is the best version of Linux for programming?

I am an amateur game developer and am looking at Linux as an alternative to Windows. I am using Microsoft Visual C++, but can run it using WINE (I think). A friend recommended trying Linux, because it was a powerful platform. From my research, Ubuntu looks nice. Please only answer if you use Linux!

What is the best version of Linux for programming?
I install 'Red Hat Linux' in one of my computer, and use borland 'Kylix' as my programming tools there (pascal based), just for test my software 'mobility' , from Windows to Linux.





I don't know if the other Linux is good for my 'Kylix' cause i will feel happy if Linux finally recognized all my hardware





I have UBuntu disc, just didn't have a chance to install and use it to test my 'Kylix' there.


No comments:

Post a Comment