Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm a college student about to go in for my first technical interview for a web programming in C# internship.

This will be my first internship, and I need to do well during this technical interview. What advice or sample questions would you give for a web programming in C# internship that they might ask me during the interview? Any sample problems geared for this position? Any relevant advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm a college student about to go in for my first technical interview for a web programming in C# internship.
Your job as a candidate for any employment position including internship is to make them LOVE you, wonder how in the world they ever got along without you.


Assuming your technical knowledge is passable, which is what they expect, what they are looking for is:... an asset to their work environment.


1. My (professional) advice is to get to the interview early and ask to use the washroom- get "lost" along the way and try to see as much of the facility as you possibly can.


2. Check out in advance what they wear, either by phone or in person at arrival or quitting time so you don't wear suit %26amp; tie if they're in jeans.


3. During interview, compliment- mention how your performance is enhanced by working under natural light if they have large windows, plants around you if appl., etc.


Place yourself verbally within their environment.


Criticize absolutely nothing.. ..This is the most felicitous environment you have ever experienced!


4. Whatever question is asked, your answer must include either... l have no experience with this BUT l learn quickly, or....I have done this (at....) (in....) (when...) with brief indication you actually did. Lie about nothing. Make sure your technical knowledge is fully showcased, but say as few words as possible, just chose the right ones.


5- Address every single person you meet (including janitor) by name- say please and thank you- smile- look and act interested- use the word "you", forget "I" except as relating to work questions. Fit into situation, don't jar or express controversy.


6. Bring small notebook, take brief notes (very impressive!)


Put business card or write down name, title, of EACH interviewer in .- leave your (neatly printed) contact info with each one "in case you have further questions."- I AM EAGER TO LEARN HERE!!! BY WHEN MIGHT I EXPECT TO HEAR?


7. ASAP write brief note to each interviewer- Enjoyed opptny to visit...., Thank you for your time, l am pleased you asked about ....(because that's my strong interest)... pls contact me if furth. quest.... I AM EXCITED ABOUT OPPORTUNITY TO INTERN AT----CO - be sure your phone #s are included, even though you will prob. hear through your school.





You were smart to ask for advice. l am sure you'll do well.
Reply:Check programming interview question and answeer website like http://myitcareer.org/ .


No comments:

Post a Comment