Friday, May 21, 2010

What do music professionals recommend for programming drums?

I'm tired of trying to find people to jam with and having to work around everyone's schedule, so I am looking into doing everything myself. I am a guitar player by trade but want to create a small home studio, so what should I do to program drums? Should I go with a keyboard/MIDI setup, go straight software, or just buy a drum machine unit? My gut tells me to go hardware based, but it seems like a keyboard w/ MIDI is a good half-way between hardware and software. Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

What do music professionals recommend for programming drums?
i say keyboard its a little cheaper than the rest and you can play it while you play guitar too.
Reply:You should get a digital drum set it comes with a sequencer - SPD - 20 or Roland pad SPD sample or Roland drums. This way you will get the human feel - http://www.americanmusical.com/sort--Ele...

brandon flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment