Monday, May 24, 2010

How do I save both text and images to a file(new custom file format) when programming in VB6?

I want to make a program where users can input both text and image files and then I could save all this data in a single file which could then be opened by other users. I am a beginner to intermediate programmer and didnt know what to look under.

How do I save both text and images to a file(new custom file format) when programming in VB6?
I am not sure that you could actually do this, unless you have alot of experience in converting file formats. Now, you could save both to a FOLDER, of course, but to a file - I don't know. Basically, you are talking about creating a program similar to Microsoft Word, which would be no easy task. You might want to post this Q in some other programming forums as well, because I don't think there is any easy answer. I'm sure it can be done, but if you are beginner to intermediate level, this might be alot to chew off. I would assume that to do the necessary conversions, you will need to utilize some API functionality. Have you done any API programming yet? If not, you may want to look into that. Good luck.

petal

No comments:

Post a Comment