Friday, July 31, 2009

What in the name of good programming makes you tell me seesion is up after I have written a lenghty email?

You blow away the email without asking me first. This has happened many times." Session has ended " comes up and you ask for password and then everything is gone. If we did this with our software, we would be sued.

What in the name of good programming makes you tell me seesion is up after I have written a lenghty email?
Hi Mark,


I am assuming you are referring to some web based email or perhaps you are using something like a banks website to send a message. If it is web based email there is more than likely an option under preferences to change the length of time before it logs you off.


What I have done in the past (after losing lengthy emails like you did) is go to notepad and banged out my reply or message and then went to the site and pasted my message.


Of course the reasoning behind this is to prevent you from accidentally leaving your computer logged into the mail system and evil type people from coming along and sending out a bunch of Nigerian emails asking help to get money from their bank they work at...





Sorry you have this problem...


Send an email to the admin and belly ache... Probably won't change anything but they will have a better idea of how to set things up with feedback from the user...





Just remember though... Life is Good!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment