Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do I go about programming frequencies into a Bearcat BC170 Scanner?

I just purchased a used scanner without the User's Manual. I need to know how to program the frequencies (which I can obtain locally) into the scanner.

How do I go about programming frequencies into a Bearcat BC170 Scanner?
I don't know exactly which model you have but here is an idea. Press the manual button to manually go through each channel. When you get to channel #1 type in the frequency like 155.25. Then press enter. Then press the manual button to go to the next channel. Slowly but surely the will go in. You don't need starting or trailing zeros, just the decimal place will do.





Hope it works. Make sure the lock button is not being used, that locks you keypad.


No comments:

Post a Comment