Thursday, July 30, 2009

How long can I master programming skills?

Well, I really want to master more programming skills about computer language and so on. Unfortunately, I have financial problem for further study. The only way for me to know and practice is through internet-based learning and without any teacher guideline. So I am wondering to know for how long do I need to spend to master a programming language. And which one should start first? I'd appreciate your advice.Thank you.

How long can I master programming skills?
Why not try a scripting language? Many opportunities are present for those who know JSP, ASP and PHP. The last being the most recommendable to master first. A lot of resources are present for PHP scripting, as well as PHP-MySQL (database) tandem.





Studying a programming language is better learned from the bottom to the top: assembly to high-level languages. Going for java first will most likely give you a hard time learning lower level languages such as C/C++ (industry standard language: all other languages are built on top of it [including Java]).
Reply:If I could only learn one language -I'd go with Java. You'll find more better-payed jobs with it. Fortunately the Sun website has a bunch of lessions / tutorials you can take - all for free!!!





Microsoft developers section also has a bunch of free Developers tools for you to learn, such as Visual Basic, .Net etcs .





As far as you wanting to know 'how long' is purely relative. I would say that if you are comfortable with basic use cases, then the best way to continue learning, it to find a beginners / intern job to continue mastering your skills. Especially given your financial situation...





Remember when it comes to learning programming - its all about dedication :)





With the industry average pay for programmers, you won't be broke for long.


No comments:

Post a Comment