Sunday, August 2, 2009

Is it to late to start a programming degree at 28?

Trying to improve my job position with a programming degree. Hopefully not too late to start.....

Is it to late to start a programming degree at 28?
Too late, never. There is currently a large number of software folks that are disheartened with the field and a lot of kids these days are passing up those types of degrees. We had a large influx about 5 years ago, but the enrollment levels in software degrees have dropped off dramatically (in the US) from what I've read. That implies that the job market in a few years won't be as awful as it was a year or two ago for programmers.





For what it's worth, I went back for a degree starting when I was 26. Great decision for me.
Reply:Its never too late to get a better education. Go for it.

brandon flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment